Happy February 1st SC Weekend friends! What better way to kick off the month and get ready for the holiday than to think about what you’re giving your valentine. Thanks to Delish.com, we’ve found the perfect recipe for an edible love note!
Strawberry Love Notes only take 10 minutes to prep and 35 minutes to prepare!
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- Flour for rolling out dough
- 1/2 c. strawberry jam (or any jam you’d like! YUM)
- Egg wash
- 1/4 c. Granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 pie crust. Using a paring knife, cut out long diamond shapes, about 4″ on each side. Transfer diamonds to baking sheet. Re-roll extra dough to make more diamonds. (You should have enough dough to make about 6.)
- Fill the center of each diamond with a very thin layer of strawberry filling, then fold three of the corners into the center so that the dough looks like an open envelope. Use a small heart cookie cutter to stamp out remaining dough into hearts, and place in the center of each.
- Brush envelopes with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar. Bake until envelopes are golden, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
This recipe is meant for 6 servings, but you can double the ingredients if you plan to send your little ones off to school to share with their teachers and friends or if you’re bringing them to a party! What’s the saying? The way to the heart is through the stomach! Your valentine is sure to love these adorable and thoughtful treats! Enjoy!