You can help those affected by Hurricane Florence.
Following Hurricane Florence, the Carolinas are faced with devastating flooding. Many Horry County residents have been forced to evacuate their homes. In many cases, residents have moved their household items into storage, unsure of what they’ll return to. A great deal of roads have been closed as well. If you would like to take part in Hurricane Florence Relief efforts, you can do so in a number of ways. We’ve compiled a list of organizations you can make donations to.
- American Red Cross. Your donation enables the Red Cross to prepare for, respond to, and help people recover from these disasters. Click here to help.
- One SC Fund. This fundraising effort helps South Carolinians who are recovering from a state declared disaster. To help, click here.
- Horry County Firefighter’s Relief Fund. Click here to contribute.
- Salvation Army. When disasters strike, The Salvation Army is there, providing emergency assistance to survivors and first responders. To contribute, click here.
- International Medical Corps emergency advanced team is working with with state authorities to reach towns cut-off from care and in critical need of assistance. They are providing a range of medical services, including treating wounds, providing medications, and giving tetanus shots. They will continue to work with partners on the ground to deploy mobile medical units and supplies, and plan to coordinate with the network of federally qualified clinics that serve low-income communities to determine how to best support them. Click here to help.
- Waccamaw VOAD (Volunteer Organization Active In Disaster) Click here to donate or volunteer.
Your contribution to these efforts will help those affected by Hurricane Florence.